Tuesday, May 26, 2015
Introducing the brand new "Malik The Freak" Gold Helmet Shirt. This 50/50 preshrunk soft navy shirt has a screen printed metallic gold original SportsCrack design on the front. This is a limited edition, exclusive t-shirt only available at SportsCrack.com.
Order your Malik The Freak shirt today!
A portion of all sales goes to the American Cancer Society.
Posted by Matt Fairchild (firstname.lastname@example.org) at 8:25 AM
Tuesday, May 19, 2015
College Football guru Phil Steele released his projected AP Top 10 today and if you know anything about college football Steele knows pretty much everything about the sport. So in other words this is going to be 99% accurate. But since I'm an asshole I felt I needed to chime in with my thoughts.
1. Ohio State - No argument here. The Buckeyes are the clear cut #1 team in the country with the majority of their team coming back from a National Title. They got the best coach in the country (Urban>Nick) and their schedule is the biggest cupcake you will ever see. Top to bottom only Bama rivals them in terms of overall talent in the nation.
2. TCU - The Horned Frogs got a ton of street cred last year by destroying Ole Miss in the Peach Bowl to complete a one loss season in which they probably should have been included in the playoff if it wasn't for their stupid ass conference commissioner. With Boykin back along with a great head coach and a chip on their shoulder I expect TCU to make the playoffs this season.
3. Alabama - Bama got gang raped by the Big Ten last year in the playoffs. Let that sink in for a bit. The once mighty SEC and their Goliath of a team in Bama got destroyed by Ohio State. The Big Ten was arguable the worst conference last season yet they owned the SEC in the bowl games. It doesn't matter now since you know Nick Saban will have the Crimson Tide ready to defend their own SEC Title. Who will be the QB?
4. Baylor - While we have no legitimate argument for the top 3 here with Baylor is where we see the flaw. No more Bryce Petty is a big concern. He's been their offense the past 3 seasons. Baylor is a finesse team much like Oregon. I don't necessarily double down on finesse teams when it comes to big boy football.
5. Oregon - Overrated. They gotta replace Heisman Trophy winner Marcus Mariota, their left tackle, and defensive standouts on all three levels. They should be ranked around 10 but the pollsters will only see the fact they were in the national championship game last year.
6. Michigan St - Believe it or not Sparty might be a tad underrated even at 6. Connor Cook is back at QB and should put up Heisman Trophy numbers as a senior. They get Oregon at home and should be the only team who can beat Ohio State this year in the Big Ten.
7. USC - Although I'm a self admitted USC hater I would have no problem with USC this high if Pete Carroll was still coaching them. The problem is Steve Sarkisian is on the sidelines and he's good for at least 3 losses. The Trojans have a ton of returning talent but still gotta replace their best offensive and defensive player from last season.
8. Florida State - Getting Everett Golson to transfer in is a huge addition for the Seminoles. When Golson is on he's a top 10 QB in the nation. The problem is he turns the ball over a ton. I think having FSU this high this early is a bit premature since they are replacing the majority of their starters and they are really young at a lot of positions. But I wouldn't be shocked to see FSU in the playoffs this year despite the roster turnover because they have a ton of elite talent waiting to take over.
9. Auburn - This is clearly the Will Muschamp effect because Auburn looked terrible in the 2nd half of last season. Malzahn will have the offense rolling but can Muschamp turn around a defense in one season? It's possible but I think the Tigers should be more in the 15-25 range.
10. Georgia - Year in and year out Mark Richt and his team have proven to be consistently overrated going into the season. This year might not be any different if they can't find a QB. With Golson picking FSU the Dawgs need to put in all of their chips for Braxton Miller. It's a huge gamble considering Miller's shoulder is still not even close to 100% but do you really want to see Brice Ramsey fucking up what could potentially be a great UGA season?
Posted by Matt Fairchild (email@example.com) at 1:56 PM
Friday, May 08, 2015
You gotta love the guy on the left. His reaction once her words "Dry Hump Day" went from his brain and finally traveled down to his other head was "OH!" Yes indeed.
Posted by Matt Fairchild (firstname.lastname@example.org) at 9:39 AM
Thursday, May 07, 2015
"After much thought, prayer and discussion with my family, I have decided that it is in my best interest to graduate from Notre Dame and transfer to another school effective immediately," Golson said.
"I would like to thank everyone at Notre Dame for the opportunity to compete at the highest level of college football, but most importantly to obtain my degree from one of the finest universities in the country. To all the Fighting Irish fans I want to thank you for your support over the past four years and let you know I truly love Notre Dame! To my former teammates, who I will miss tremendously, I wish much success in the future and will be your biggest fan from afar.
"I will have no further comment at this time and ask that you respect my time as I figure out this life changing moment. God has a plan for each of us and I ask for your prayers as I move forward in this new journey in my life!"
Well it's obvious I hate to see Golson leave I must admit I'm very excited to see Malik Zaire at QB. Zaire is basically a left handed version of Golson but he's quicker and doesn't quite have the touch on intermediate passes like Golson does. Zaire looked outstanding in his one spot start vs LSU in the Music City Bowl. With 18 of 21 starters back Notre Dame should be a top 10 team.
Rumors of where Golson could end up at include but are not limited to LSU, Texas, South Carolina and Florida.
Posted by Matt Fairchild (email@example.com) at 11:07 AM
Tuesday, May 05, 2015
I'm still not sure why anybody is pissed the Floyd Mayweather-PacMan fight on Saturday night was boring? Have you not seen the first 47 "fights" MoneyMan participated in? Mayweather may be undefeated and the ultimate bad guy but he is the most boring boxer I can ever remember watching. I'm not saying he's a shitty boxer. In fact he's a great tactical boxer. He doesn't get hit and he lands a very high percentage of jabs. The problem is he doesn't want to knock out guys because he doesn't have to. He just wants to rack up the points and collect his $150 million. If you paid $100 to watch the shitshow I don't feel bad for you. You knew going in this was an overhyped, overpriced fight featuring two guys way past their prime. In the end all you did was solidify Mayweather and his bankroll.
Posted by Matt Fairchild (firstname.lastname@example.org) at 5:32 AM
Thursday, April 30, 2015
Tuesday, April 28, 2015
Ray Lewis is the greatest middle linebacker of all-time and his football speeches are epic. The former Baltimore Raven delivered a great one this morning to all the idiots out there in Baltimore who are deciding to riot and tear up their great city. Stop being assholes! If Ray Lewis can get away with murder (yes "allegedly" but we all know he did it wink wink) than what are you people rioting for? I was just in Baltimore a month ago. It was another awesome experience in the Charm City granted it was snowing. I lived and worked in Baltimore. I love the Orioles, the crabs, the people, the history and the Inner Harbor. I even named my son Camden because of the ballpark. But all of these asshole rioters aren't doing it for Freddie Gray and "justice." They are breaking shit, stealing shit, and hurting people and local businesses because they are ASSHOLES. Yes I'm sure some of the cops are probably assholes too but the rioters are just a bunch of herd mentality retards. And if you are going to be an asshole or a retard at least be a funny one. They are not. Instead they have caused two postponements of Orioles games including tonight's affair with the Chicago White Sox which was suppose to be nationally televised on MLB TV. Now I can't watch one of my favorite players in Jeff Samardzija hurl against my Orioles because a bunch of assholes are mad at the cops. And the even shittier part is there were some peaceful protests in Baltimore but now it's all being overshadowed because of these assholes who want to break shit and cause anarchy. Go home. Drink some Colt 45. Calm the fuck down so I can get on my life by watching the Orioles win another AL East crown.
Oh yeah and don't piss off Ray Lewis anymore. You don't want to see Ray mad.
Posted by Matt Fairchild (email@example.com) at 10:38 AM